- St.Petersburg Mariinsky Orchestra performs in Syria's Palmyra
- Ampliación de plazo para envío de textos completos: 7 de Mayo
- XII Congreso Español de Sociología GRUPOS DE TRABAJO
- ATENCIÓN CONGRESISTAS: INFORMACIÓN RELEVANTE SOBRE EL PROCEDIMIENTO PARA ENVÍO DE TEXTOS COMPLETOS (QUE FINALIZA EL 4 DE MAYO)
- XII CONGRESO ESPAÑOL DE SOCIOLOGÍA
The Mariinsky Orchestra, based in St.Petersburg, staged a concert on May 5 in the Roman amphitheater in Syria’s Palmyra, weeks after Russian air power helped free the city from Islamic State rule that had turned the ancient stage into a venue for executions.
In particular, People’s Artist of Russia cellist Sergei Roldugin performed Quadrille (from the opera ‘Not Love Alone’) by Rodion Shchedrin, Tchaikovsky Competition winner Pavel Milyukov played Chaconne (Ciaccona) by Johann Sebastian Bach.
Source: RIA Novosti